Sunday, November 9, 2014

Baby #2 On The Way! Preparing for a VBAC!

 

A few weeks ago we announced the big news to our family and friends and I am finally getting around to sharing it with my blogger friends........WE'RE PREGNANT. Baby # 2 is officially on the way. We cannot thank God enough for blessing us with another precious baby. Chasing my 16 month old around along with the fun of morning (which lasts almost all day) sickness has been keeping me busy these last 12 weeks.

If you have read my post about Healing From Traumatic Birth then you know I have had a c-section with my first baby. This time around I am planning, praying and hoping to get a non medicated VBAC. I have already transferred care from a womens clinic to a midwives group that has 83% vbac success rate. I was not getting the confidence I needed in the clinic as to attempting vbac, and I feared they would act supportive up until the last minute and then try to push a section on me. When I had my consultation with the midwives I felt like God had filled my heart with peace in transferring to them. I am more prepared now that whatever happens if a vbac, or another c-section I will rely and trust Gods perfect will for how this baby will enter the world.

 I would love to hear your success stories and advice regarding vbacs. please feel free to post links in the comments as well as any advice on having a toddler and new born at the same time.


Here are some pics we used to make the announcement


We were hoping to get pregnant before our cruise vacation because I saw this idea on Pinterest and really wanted to copy it.


We are so thrilled to become parents once again
I will be posting updates along the pregnancy, so stay tuned!

Psalm 127:3-5 

Behold, children are a heritage from the Lord, the fruit of the womb a reward. Like arrows in the hand of a warrior are the children of one's youth. Blessed is the man who fills his quiver with them! He shall not be put to shame when he speaks with his enemies in the gate.


4 comments:

  1. Congratulations! I had an emergency C-section and then 2 repeats. I always wanted to try for a VBAC but let fear stop me. My cousin had her two daughters around the same time as my first two and she had a great experience with a VBAC. She tried encouraging me to go for it and I wish I would have listened. Enjoy your pregnancy!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for stopping by and support for attempting vbac

      Delete
  2. Congratulations on a new babe in May 2015. May God bless your family as you serve our Lord. Thank you for sharing your joyful post with us here at “Tell Me a Story."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for the well wishes and as always thanks for hosting your link ups

      Delete