Tuesday, September 30, 2014

The Attributes of God





I have been wanting to study and learn the attributes of God for a while now. If we claim to know God and yet do not know anything about His attributes, we fall into creating God in our own image and how we want Him to be. I did not want to fall into the latter way of thinking, I want to know God and all of who He is according to His word.  As I started researching some resources to help me learn I came across Shai Linnes "Attributes of God" Album on iTunes.

I rarely purchase a full album from anyone because I normally don't like all the songs they have. Well this album turned out to be one of my favorites. I have listened to it over and over since purchasing it. Since I am a musician, I naturally find things easier to learn when set to music. As I continue to hear the songs I am also learning about Gods Attributes.

To preview the album on iTunes click HERE

My Favorite track so far is "The Holiness of God (reprise)"


Chorus 1

Holy, Holy, Holy is the LORD!Holy, Holy, Holy is our God!Holy, Holy, Holy is the LORD!The whole earth is full of His glory!Holy, Holy, Holy is the LORD!Holy, Holy, Holy is our God!Holy, Holy, Holy is the LORDWho was, and is and is to come! (repeat)


Chorus 2
Who is like You, O LORD, Among the gods?Who is like You, O LORD?Who is like You, awesome in power!Majestic in Holiness, working wonders every hour!Earthly kingdoms pass away, howeverThe LORD shall reign forever and ever! (repeat)




The lyrics are based off these verses:


Isaiah 6:6 Then one of the seraphim flew to me, having in his hand a burning coal that he had taken         with tongs from the altar. And he touched my mouth and said: “Behold, this has touched your           lips;your guilt is taken away, and your sin atoned for.”
Revelation 1:8 “I am the Alpha and the Omega,” says the Lord God, “who is and who was and who is      to come, the Almighty.”
Exodus 15:11“Who is like you, O Lord, among the gods?
    Who is like you, majestic in holiness,
    awesome in glorious deeds, doing wonders?

Exodus 15:18
    The Lord will reign forever and ever.”


Another resource I have found that I am highly enjoying is the book " Attributes of God " by A.W. Pink, and right now it is free on kindle so go check it out.




Comment below if you have any favorite books or resources when learning the Attributes of God.



No comments:

Post a Comment