Saturday, December 28, 2013

"Ive got the favor of God" Tim Kellers tweet response


Ive been around so many family and friends growing up who claimed they had the "favor of God" because something good happened to them. To me it comes across very arrogant and very boastful in their self righteousness. Sort of look at me Ive got special in with God that's why all these great things keep happening to me. When good happens to me I am humbled for I know I don't deserve it. Theres nothing I have done or ever will do to deserve any good in my life, espically the greatest good ever to walk the earth-Jesus Christ. Its only through Christ that I am saved. I was dead and now I am alive in Christ.  The next time anything good happens to you fall to your knees in gratitude and thank God. We have recieved the greatest gift of Salvation what more can we ask for.

Ephesians 2:8 For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God,

Philippians 3:4-11 ESV

though I myself have reason for confidence in the flesh also. If anyone else thinks he has reason for confidence in the flesh, I have more: circumcised on the eighth day, of the people of Israel, of the tribe of Benjamin, a Hebrew of Hebrews; as to the law, a Pharisee; as to zeal, a persecutor of the church; as to righteousness under the law, blameless. But whatever gain I had, I counted as loss for the sake of Christ. Indeed, I count everything as loss because of the surpassing worth of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord. For his sake I have suffered the loss of all things and count them as rubbish, in order that I may gain Christ and be found in him, not having a righteousness of my own that comes from the law, but that which comes through faith in Christ, the righteousness from God that depends on faith— that I may know him and the power of his resurrection, and may share his sufferings, becoming like him in his death, that by any means possible I may attain the resurrection from the dead.


1 Corinthians 1:26-31 ESV


For consider your calling, brothers: not many of you were wise according to worldly standards, not many were powerful, not many were of noble birth. But God chose what is foolish in the world to shame the wise; God chose what is weak in the world to shame the strong; God chose what is low and despised in the world, even things that are not, to bring to nothing things that are, so that no human being might boast in the presence of God. And because of him you are in Christ Jesus, who became to us wisdom from God, righteousness and sanctification and redemption, so that, as it is written, “Let the one who boasts, boast in the Lord.”

Tim Kellers response on twitter: you can ask him questions using #AskTK

Check out @timkellernyc's Tweet: https://twitter.com/timkellernyc/status/416999176518770688

No comments:

Post a Comment