Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Celebrating Christ During Christmas

Tomorrow will be my daughters first Christmas celebration. of course she will have no clue what is going on because she is only 6 months old. But non the less the past few weeks have got me thinking about how I will include Christ in our everyday life and especially making sure she knows what Christmas is all about as she gets older. I want to start some traditions with my children that center on Christ, I have heard things like birthday cake for Jesus, giving only two gifts to each child and then serving others,and advent devotionals. I would love to hear what your family does to make sure Christ is glorified at all times but most definitely during the Christmas season. We have so much to celebrate being brought from death to life because of Christ coming to earth and sacrificing His life. Please comment and share any ideas you can pass on to this new mama and make sure you and your family don't let Christmas day pass without acknowledging Christ. Too many Christmas have pass were we wake up go straight to the gifts and food without a thought to what this season is really about.
The Christmas story: There is no pit of sin so deep that the grace of the newborn King isn't deeper." Paul Tripp

No comments:

Post a Comment