Monday, July 14, 2014

Home-made Hummus Recipe




This recipe I got from my friend Crystal. I Couldn't wait to try it out so tonight I made it along with the 1905 salad (link below)


I think in the future I'll try different seasonings to experiment with the hummus flavor.  But I think It came out pretty good for the first time.

If you try this recipe let me know what you think or if you have another hummus recipe for me to try comment below.




Drain about 2/3 liquid from Chick peas can then dump into food processor




Add about 1 clove of minced garlic (or more if you like more garlic)

Add about 1teaspoon lemon

Add 2-3 spoons olive oil


(I used about 1.5 cans of peas for this batch)

Process until smooth or your preferred consistency (you can add water if too thick and if too liquidy add more peas)


We paired the hummus with homemade 1905 Salad (from the Colombia restaurant).  Took Cuban bread dipped it into the 1905 salad dressing (recipe HERE) and then added the hummus on top. It was quite wonderful.








Happy cooking
-mari

1 comment:

  1. I love hummus but haven't made it for a long time. I should!! I am linked next to you over at Living Proverbs 31.

    ReplyDelete