Thursday, June 12, 2014

Cultivating Gratitude:Fathers Day Edition

Last week I started my first post in a series on cultivating Gratitude (here),  and this week I have  many things to be thankful for.

And since father's day is coming up I have dedicated this post to honoring the two men in my life... my wonderful husband and the best dad I could have ever asked for.

Cultivating Gratitude towards my husband, a few reasons I am thankful:

•celebrating four years of marriage with my best friend
•his hard work to provide for the family
•his example in reading and studying Gods word and prayer
•his passion for apologetics
•his love and affection towards our daughter
•his love and respect towards my parents
•his heart to provide for his Compassion kids in Africa
•his desire to know God and honor Him
•I am most grateful for the way he loves me

Cultivating Gratitude towards my Dad, a few reasons I am thankful:

•his sacrifices throughout my childhood to make sure my siblings and I had what we needed and at times to give us what we wanted
•his outward display of affection toward my mother
•his love for teaching others how to have a Godly marriage
•his love for fitness
•his respect and love towards my husband and taking him in as a son
•his love for my daughter
•his love for apologetics
•his love for God

HAPPY FIRST FATHERS DAY TO MY HUSBAND

HAPPY FATHERS DAY TO MY DAD


Psalm 127:3-5 ESV

Behold, children are a heritage from the Lord , the fruit of the womb a reward.  Like arrows in the hand of a warrior are the children of one’s youth.  Blessed is the man who fills his quiver with them! He shall not be put to shame when he speaks with his enemies in the gate.

Learning to be thankful is a discpline we all need to work on.
How can you begin to cultivate an attitude of gratitude?

Psalm 105:1-5 ESV

Oh give thanks to the Lord ; call upon his name; make known his deeds among the peoples!  Sing to him, sing praises to him; tell of all his wondrous works!  Glory in his holy name; let the hearts of those who seek the Lord rejoice!  Seek the Lord and his strength; seek his presence continually!  Remember the wondrous works that he has done, his miracles, and the judgments he uttered,

3 comments:

  1. Happy Father's Day to your men! May you have a terrific celebration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Fathers Day wishes.Thank you for sharing your sweet blog at the Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing this timely article. We have so much to be thankful for.. yet often we focus on what we don't have and we miss all the blessings all around us. The Lord is so good.. we are told...1 Timothy 6:8
    And having food and clothing, with these we shall be content.... yet we are blessed with SO much more! Love is something that can't be bought and is a treasure beyond all others :)

    ReplyDelete