Thursday, August 16, 2012

Learning from Mary's obedience

And Mary said, "Behold, I am the servant of the Lord; let it be to me according to your word." And the angel departed from her. (Luke 1:38 ESV)

All throughout the bible we see God revealing His plan to His people then we see these people doubt, question , and take authority into their own hands. Not so in Mary's case. She knew the implications of being with child and not married especially in that culture. She knew she would be accused of being promiscuous. Yet she said "Behold, I am the servant of the Lord,let it be to me according to your word" that was her immediate reaction. She did not question and doubt. She said basically not my will but yours be done.
Lord help me to stand firm in the faith and when you tell me to move I will say yes Lord I am your servant , let it be done according to your word
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment