Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Worship is not about you...sorry to burst your bubble!

 I have been to many churches and its appalling how many songs are sung that's all about me,me,me and I,I,I.  Its like worship leaders do not think when there picking out songs and the congregation does not think while there singing them.  But of course if these people are self centered rather than Christ centered then they wont mind songs that's all about themselves. Worship is meant to Glorify God. If you want to  listen to these songs on your own time by all means, but please, please, please, leave them out of corporate worship. Our prayer should be Matthew 6:10"your kingdom come, your will be done on earth as it is in heaven". How is it in heaven? Revelation 5:11-14 "And I beheld, and I heard the voice of many angels round about the throne and the beasts and the elders: and the number of them was ten thousand times ten thousand, and thousands of thousands;Saying with a loud voice, Worthy is the Lamb that was slain to receive power, and riches, and wisdom, and strength, and honour, and glory, and blessing.And every creature which is in heaven, and on the earth, and under the earth, and such as are in the sea, and all that are in them, heard I saying, Blessing, and honour, and glory, and power, [be] unto him that sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb for ever and ever.And the four beasts said, Amen. And the four [and] twenty elders fell down and worshipped him that liveth for ever and ever."




These are just 2 examples of songs that are done in churches with peoples hands lifted high while singing about...... themselves.


Yolanda Adams -I'VE Got The Victory
Bridge:
Yeah I got the victory yeahI got the victory yeah yeah yeahAnd if you have the victory sing it with meYeah I got the victory yeah I got the victoryI've got the victory Sing it with me
(......its all about i,i,i,i)
Another example:
Israel Hougton, I am Friend of God
VERSE:
Who am I that you are mindful of me
That you hear me, when I call
Is it true that you are thinking of me
How you love me, it's amazing (Who am I Lord)
CHORUS:
I am a friend of God         ( Are you really a friend of God?????)
I am a friend of God
I am a friend of God
He calls me friend

(again its all about i, me,me,i,me,me,i, but lets give this song a break it does begin to worship God a little in the bridge......)

BRIDGE:
God Almighty
Lord of Glory
You have called me friend

( well that didnt last long back to ..............................ME)
The whole point of this is to get churches back to worshiping God and making sure lyrics do just that. Here are three good examples of songs that Glorify God alone.
 Mat Redman  : HolyJesus, You areJesus, You are

And You shall come again in glory
To judge the living and the dead
All eyes will look on Your glorious face
Shining like the sun
Who is like You, God?

You are holy, holy, holy
God most high and God most worthy
You are holy, holy, holy
Jesus, You are
Jesus, You are


Natalie Grant: Your Great Name (chorus)
Jesus, Worthy is the Lamb that was slain for us, Son of God and ManYou are high and lifted up; that all the world will praise your great name
Chris Tomlin: Indescribable 
From the highest of heights to the depths of the sea
Creation's revealing Your majesty
From the colors of fall to the fragrance of spring
Every creature unique in the song that it sings
All exclaiming

Indescribable, uncontainable,
You placed the stars in the sky and You know them by name.
You are amazing God
All powerful, untameable,
Awestruck we fall to our knees as we humbly proclaim
You are amazing God

Who has told every lightning bolt where it should go
Or seen heavenly storehouses laden with snow
Who imagined the sun and gives source to its light
Yet conceals it to bring us the coolness of night
None can fathom



SEE THE DIFFERENCE in lyrics from the first set of songs I listed????????By Vilmaris Conigliaro

No comments:

Post a Comment